Humboldt Wedag GmbH, a KHD Group company, is one of the world's leading international suppliers of equipment and services for cement producers. KHD builds on over 160 years of experience and tradition and is one of the driving forces in the industry as a manufacturer of efficient, sustainable and environmentally friendly products. Process engineering and project implementation in particular are among the Group's core competencies.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Maintain a culture focused on always delivering the highest quality, within budget and on time
- Work closely with all applications engineering and project management resources in the CSC
- Coordinate with in-house PM’s, electrical engineers, purchasers, QC inspectors, expeditors, etc.
- Calculate auxiliary equipment sizes using customer specific or standard design criteria
- Develop specifications and technical parts of Request for Procurement (RFP) packages for auxiliary equipment procurement and/or proprietary equipment fabrication
- Review proposal submittals from equipment suppliers and ensure compliance with specifications
- Compare competing proposals from venders (bid tabulations) to assist with final selection of auxiliary equipment suppliers
- Review and manage auxiliary equipment submittal packages from vendors and coordinate the incorporation of vender drawings into the general arrangement drawings;
- Manage consulting engineers for civil/foundation, structural steel, bin, duct, and chute design;
- Lead/review/coordinate General Arrangement (GA) design;
- Coordinate with fabricators of KHD equipment, structural steel, bins, ducts, chutes, etc.
- Help coordinate/manage customers
- Attend and contribute to customer project meetings
- Support the monthly Application Engineering reviews to ensure targets are being achieved
- Continuously explore new engineering tools and techniques to ensure KHD is at the leading edge of calculation and design methods to enhance products and market competitiveness
- Provide support to the Tendering and Project Managers
- Provide support to the Parts and Services Manager
- Provide support to the Quality Control department
- Be understanding when things go wrong or when searching for solutions
- Be able to communicate good and bad news and focus on continuous improvement of yourself and products
- Maintain good relationships with our clients, suppliers, sub-contractors, sub-consultants and service providers
- Provide applications feedback to the Product Managers, highlighting where and how improvements can be made to improve and provide better value for our customers
- Ensure all contractual obligations and statutory requirements are met
- Promote KHD company policy at all times
Who you are
- Engineering or Technical Degree, Mechanical/Electrical/Chemical
- 5+ years preferably Mechanical or Process engineering
- Cement industry experience a plus
- Willingness to travel (domestically and abroad)
- Good command of the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Inventor and/or other design software a plus
- Analytical and systematic way of working, innovativeness, and taking initiative
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance (~70% of premium paid by employer)
- Life and AD&D Insurance (100% paid by employer)
- 401(k) 3% Safe Harbor and 2% Employer Matching
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Days
- 3 Days Work-From-Home per week
- Competitive Salary (subject to qualifications and experience)
For non-US citizens: must posses valid immigration status and work permit
If we have aroused your interest, please send us your complete application documents via our applicant portal, stating the position you would like to apply for, the earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations.
Please refrain from sending us a printed application and help us to strengthen the sustainability concept of our company!
We look forward to receiving your electronic application, but will not consider postal applications.